Thursday, April 30, 2009

Feast of Love


Feast of Love features many flavors of love: well seasoned by a life together, spicy with illicit pleasures, fresh in untested youth, simmering outside of societal conventions, even stale with the taste of desperation. But the film features no food—only coffee, from Bradley’s (Kinnear) coffee shop, Jitters.

Chloe: Hey, you need anybody to work here?
Oscar: Yes! Yeah. (to Bradley) I mean, if that’s all right with you.
Bradley: You have any experience with this kind of work?
Chloe: No.
Oscar: Neither did I when I started.
Bradley: Do you like coffee?
Chloe: Not much.
Oscar: She’ll learn to love it.
Bradley: But why here?
Chloe: I don’t know. I just kind of felt a harmonic convergence in this place.
Oscar: She’s right, you know? I felt the same kind of thing.
Bradley: Ah.


Esther Stevenson: How was your walk? Did I miss anything?
Harry Stevenson: A cool breeze, softball game, and two women falling in love.
Esther Stevenson: With each other?
Harry Stevenson: And one of them is married. Funny thing is, nobody noticed. Not even the husband, two feet away.
Esther Stevenson: I'm sorry I missed that.
Harry Stevenson: I imagine he will be, too.

Released September 28. 2007
Directed by Robert Benton
Written by Allison Burnett (screenplay), based on the novel by Charles Baxter
Starring Morgan Freeman as Harry Stevenson, Greg Kinnear as Bradley Smith, Jane Alexander as Esther Stevenson, Radha Mitchell as Diana Croce, Billy Burke as David Watson, Selma Blair as Kathryn Smith, Alexa Davalos as Chloe Barlow, Toby Hemingway as Oscar, Stana Katic as Jenny, Erika Marozsán as Margaret Vekashi, and Fred Ward as Bat






No comments: